BB Stock News: 9 Reasons Blackberry Is The # 1 Trending Ticker Today
InvestorPlace – Stock News, Stock Tips & Trading Tips
Blackberry (NYSE:BB) the stock is up Thursday to become the best trend indicator thanks to the company’s latest earnings report.
Let’s turn to Blackberry’s FY2022 second quarter earnings report below to see why BB investors are so happy today!
- Let’s start with the company’s adjusted losses per share of 6 cents.
- This is a godsend for BB stock as it beats the Wall Street estimate of -7 cents per share.
- However, this is a decrease from the company’s adjusted earnings per share of 10 cents compared to the same period last year.
- On the revenue side, the company did well with $ 175 million in the fiscal second quarter of 2022.
- That’s better than the $ 164 million in revenue analysts were expecting in the quarter.
- It is also a slight increase from its revenue of $ 174 million compared to the same period of the previous year.
- Another highlight of the company comes from its call for results.
- He says he hit a price with an anonymous buyer for several of his patents.
- Unfortunately, BB did not disclose this award during the call.
This earnings call also includes comments from Blackberry Executive Chairman and CEO John Chen regarding its outlook. His statement follows.
“In terms of outlook, we continue to view the last quarter as the low point, but significant headwinds are expected to continue into the fourth quarter and third and fourth quarter and maybe even beyond, albeit with a sequential decreasing impact. The impact of the chip shortage on QNX’s royalty revenues is expected to be somewhat mitigated by the continued strength of design activities. We are comfortable with the current consensus on IoT revenues , which means that the income outlook for the entire year remains unchanged. “
BB stock was up 12% Thursday morning.
Investors looking for hotter stock news today are in luck!
We have all the latest stock news traders need to know for Thursday! This includes what is happening with hear (NASDAQ:HEAR), Argo block chain (NASDAQ:ARBK), and AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC) actions. You can find out all about these actions by consulting the links below!
More Thursday stock market news
As of the publication date, William White does not have (directly or indirectly) any position in any of the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author, subject to the publication guidelines of InvestorPlace.com.
The BB Stock News article: 9 Reasons Blackberry Is The # 1 Trend Ticker Today appeared first on InvestorPlace.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.