Complete timeline of SSR death case
Sushant Singh Rajput Birthday: January 21 will mark the 35th birthday of Sushant Singh Rajput who committed suicide in June 2020. Let’s look at the timeline of events following her death.
New Delhi | Jagran Entertainment Office: Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput who won millions of hearts with his acting skills sent shockwaves among the industry and fans with his mysterious death. Continuous developments emerged in the months leading up to his death after the Central Bureau of Investigation, the Directorate of Law Enforcement and the Bureau of Narcotics Control began to probe different angles into the grim event.
On December 30, nearly five months after taking over the case, the CBI said it was reviewing all aspects of the case and nothing had been ruled out. “The CBI is conducting the investigation in a thorough and professional manner using the latest scientific techniques. During the investigation all aspects are examined and no aspect has been excluded as to date,” replied the CBI in his letter.
Today we celebrate the 35th anniversary of the birth of the late actor Sushant, look at the timeline of events following his death.
- Rajput was found hanging from the ceiling fan of his home in Bandra, Mumbai on June 14, 2020. The untimely disappearance came six days after the suicide death of his former manager Disha Salian.
- On June 15, Sushant’s family alleged foul play in her death and called for a full investigation into the incident.
- Sushant’s autopsy report confirmed the actor died of asphyxiation from hanging. The autopsy was performed at the Dr RN Cooper Municipal General Hospital.
- His last rites were performed at the Vile Parle Crematorium in Mumbai on June 15th. Three days later, his ashes were submerged in Ganga.
- On June 22, a lawsuit was filed against actress Rhea Chakraborty in a court in Bihar, accusing her of encouraging Sushant’s suicide.
- Mumbai Police have opened an investigation into the case and said the death was being treated as suicide.
- On July 6, filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali was questioned by Mumbai police. During questioning, Bhansali revealed that Sushant had been approached for films like “Goliyon Ki Rasleela: Ram-Leela” (2013), “Bajirao Mastani” (2015) and “Padmaavat” (2018) but he didn’t had no dates.
- Five days later, Mumbai police record the statement of former Salman Khan manager Reshma Shetty. She is one of Bollywood’s top celebrity managers and was interrogated for nearly five hours at the Bandra Police Station.
- On July 16, actress Rhea Chakraborty in a social media post posted a screenshot of receiving death threats from a user on social media. On the same day, she called for a CBI investigation into the Rajput death case.
- On July 24, Rajput’s latest film, Dil Bechara, was released on the OTT Disney Plus Hotstar platform.
- On July 28, Sushant Singh Rajput’s father filed an FIR in Patna against six people including actress Rhea Chakraborty. In the FIR, Sushant Singh Rajput’s father also accused Rhea Chakraborty of transferring 15 crore rupees from the actor’s bank account and accused her of aiding and abetting suicide.
- 47 days after Sushant’s death, the Execution Directorate filed a complaint to investigate the money laundering of Rajput’s death.
- Nineteen days later, the Supreme Court of India authorized the CBI to resume the investigation into Sushant’s death.
- On August 26, the Narcotics Control Bureau (BNC) filed an NDPS case against Rhea Chakraborty and 2 others at ED’s request to probe the drug angle in the case.
- On the same day, Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut made shocking statements that if the NCB opens the investigation, many B-Town actors could end up behind bars. “If the Narcotics Control Bureau enters Bullywood many A-listers will be behind bars, if blood tests are done many shocking revelations will occur. Hope @PMOIndia as part of the swatchh Bharat mission clean the gutter called Bullywood, ”she tweeted.
- Rhea was released on bail on October 7, while her brother Showik remained in jail until December 2.
- On September 8, the BCN arrested Rhea in a drug case related to the investigation into Rajput’s death.
- On October 8, AIIMS declared Sushant’s death a case of suicide. Two days later, the hospital’s medical board submitted a report to the CBI, stating that Rajput committed suicide.
- On October 15, the CBI said it was continuing to investigate Rajput’s death.
- A month and a half later, CBI said he was looking at all aspects of the matter and nothing had been ruled out.