These 3 types of kitchen styles are trending right now — Hometown Station KHTS FM 98.1 & AM 1220 — Santa Clarita Radio
Are you ready to embark on a big home improvement project? Do you have your eyes set on the kitchen as a room that needs to be updated and infused with style? Kitchen renovations are among the most popular home improvement projects, and for good reason. When you think about the use of the kitchen, it is natural to want to create a space in which you enjoy spending time. Before you start making any design decisions, here’s a look at three types of kitchen styles that are trending right now.
classic kitchen design
Classic kitchens are just that; they are classic and therefore timeless. You don’t have to worry when choosing this style because in a few years the piece will go out of fashion, as that does not happen with classic designs. Although you may want to update some kitchen features, the design concept will not suddenly become less elegant.
Classic kitchens are perfect for homeowners who want to create a feeling of comfort and warmth, which is the type of kitchen people want to spend time in. It also involves using traditional features to create interest and character. Even a new build can be transformed to look like something more classic and unique. There are a few tips you’ll want to follow if you’re going to choose a classic design, such as:
- Keep the basics simple and neutral and focus on decor and extra touches. This means choosing neutral colors for walls, cabinets and flooring.
- Add architectural details if any are missing from the room.
- Look for pieces that have a classic feel to bring the concept together. This may include cabinet hardware, lighting, dishes, furniture, etc.
- Avoid pops of bright color, as this will look a little too loud and out of place in a classic kitchen.
- Make sure the design plan is simple and clean. Classic never looks busy. It also means that you don’t overdo it on the decor.
- The backsplash should also be simple, clean and neutral and not act like the star of the show.
- Make sure the color and finish of the cabinet is neutral.
One thing to remember when embracing a classic kitchen design is that classic doesn’t mean boring. It simply means that every feature and design decision has a purpose and should contribute to the overall goal of creating warmth and character.
contemporary kitchen design
Here is another trendy design for 2022 and that is the contemporary kitchen. This one appeals to people who love a minimalist approach to home design and decor. It has a very clean look, while still feeling sleek and magazine worthy. But it is important not to confuse contemporary with modern, because contemporary always has elements of warmth and natural materials. It might look a little more inviting in that sense, but it’s really in the eyes of the beholder. It might be a good idea to pick up some tips and design ideas from companies that stock contemporary kitchens. These may include:
- Keep everything sleek and clean – that’s the general rule to follow when adhering to a contemporary kitchen.
- Look for ways to blend current style trends with traditional concepts.
- Add texture to flooring, backsplash and cabinetry.
- Cabinets should have very simple designs with no embellishments or extra features.
- Go for neutral colors on the wall, but then you can choose brighter colors for other elements. Common pops of color to add to the design are red, orange, bright blue, and yellow. Just be careful not to overuse it.
- Use natural materials like wood and stone.
- Make sure the furniture is both functional and comfortable – contemporary doesn’t mean you have to put style over function.
modern kitchen design
Then we have the modern kitchen design, which is another trending concept to embrace. This one is heavy on modern features that don’t ooze the character and charm of a classic kitchen. For this reason, it is a design that does not appeal to everyone. This will work for some owners with a specific vision in mind.
What modern kitchen designs do well is maximize space. Everything looks clean, open, fresh and bright. It can work especially well in small spaces so they don’t feel boxed in or dated. What can be tricky about this design is achieving a balance between modern functionality and design concepts while still maintaining a sense of welcome and comfort. The two must go together.
Some common features of a modern design include:
- Clean sharp lines
- Modern looking materials like metal, glass, granite, quartz and light wood
- Cool neutral colors like gray, blue, black, white, and cream
- Clever storage ideas that hide the clutter
- Smart home functions, adding a high-tech touch to the kitchen
Now that you’ve taken a deep dive into trending kitchen designs, you have plenty of ideas and inspiration to work with to create the perfect space.
Do you have any current advice? Call us at (661) 298-1220 or email [email protected] Don’t miss a thing. Get the latest KHTS Santa Clarita News alerts straight to your inbox. Report a typo or error, email [email protected]
KHTS FM 98.1 and AM 1220 is Santa Clarita’s only local radio station. KHTS mixes a combination of news, traffic, sports and features with your favorite adult contemporary hits. Santa Clarita News and Features are broadcast throughout the day on our airwaves, on our website and on various social media platforms. Our KHTS award-winning daily newsletters are now read daily by over 34,000 residents. A vibrant member of the Santa Clarita community, the KHTS broadcast signal reaches throughout the Santa Clarita Valley and parts of the high desert communities located in Antelope Valley. The station broadcasts its talk shows on the web, reaching potentially global audiences. Follow @KHTSRadio on Facebook, Twitterand Instagram.